Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Completed Jeans

As you can see, I've completed B's jeans. Overall I'm pretty happy with them. I did have some trouble with my machine with the bar-tacks and topstitching tension, but I think I've worked out how to improve things for future projects.
As to the fit: The are a bit big and the style is very baggy with huge pockets. I didn't put on the belt loops as B never wears belts. The smallest size available was a 98, which I made and then shortened the legs by about 11cm. (B is really a size 92 with extra short legs). I modified the waistband to make the waist adjustable. (Added two button hole openings to the inside waistband and inserted 'maternity elastic' type stuff.) Next time I make them I think I'll redraft the pockets and make them smaller.
B's reaction to the jeans wasn't favourable. He wanted to take them off right away and put something else on. Hopefully he will grow to like them!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Aw I hope he gets to liking them too! Nice work! I wouldn't worry too much about the back top stitching - we all need to learn somehow, and the front of the pants looks fabulous. The waistline is really cool. Good job!

Ruth said...

I think the pants look great. I've not sewn anything that involved in a while. You did great!

Astrid said...

To me the pants look great! It's not an easy thing to choose for a first Ottobre project - I think you did fantastic!

mermaids said...

the jeans look fabulous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...