Monday, August 11, 2008

A new skirt for Ruby

Here is the new skirt which I completed on the weekend. As you can see, it is a bit big in the waist. I might add some elastic to make it more immediately wearable.

I'm very happy with how the skirt turned out. I'll definitely be making it again.

Pattern Description: Ottobre 01/2008 #13 "Misty Skirt"
Fully lined tiered skirt gathered into a waistband. Closure is an invisible zip and press-stud. The middle tier is gathered at both the top and bottom of the tier.

Sizing: I made size 110. Ottobre uses European sizing. A size 110 is designed for a 110cm tall child. Ruby is only 102cm tall, however the size 104 shirt (worn in the photo) was a bit too short and a bit tight ... hence my decision to make the skirt in size 110.

Does the completed project look like the pattern drawing/photo? Yes

How were the instructions: OK. Was a little confusing when attaching the lining to the skirt.

Fabric used: Cotton from Spotlight

Any changes: Next time around I will modify it by removing the zipper and making the waist elasticated.

Likes/dislikes: Love it. Very girly.

Would you do it again / Would you recommend it? Yes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...