Sunday, September 21, 2008

Solo parenting

Hubby is away for work for 6 nights, so I'm doing the parenting thing alone for about a week. So far the kids have been amazing. All 3 have been playing well together and Ruby is being really helpful.

Robert is the most upset by his Dad's absence. There were some tears on the first evening, and then when he woke up he announced "I had a really long sleep so Dad will be home soon!". I've been telling them that Dad will be home in x sleeps, so it seems Robert thought if he slept longer then more sleeps would pass and Dad would appear.

Today I managed to take all 3 swimming at the pool. Robert had a lesson and Ruby, Laura and myself played in the shallow section. They I dried off Robert and Ruby, stuck them in the pram with copious amounts of breakfast cereal to nibble on and books to read. While they ate and read Laura and I did her swimming lesson. I'm still stunned that I pulled it off and that the big kids were mostly happy to sit. Large amounts of food definitely helped...

While Hubby is away I've been spending the evenings sewing. I'm making a simple off white T-shirt for Ruby and I'm making it more interesting with an applique. Photos later as Hubby has the camera....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...