Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ottobre 2/2007 #12 straight skirt

I'm gearing up to sew a pair of trousers from Ottobre ... but I am starting off by sewing a straight skirt so that I can work out my basic 'Ottobre adjustments' first. Last night I cut out began sewing the straight skirt from Ottobre issue 2/2007. Despite cutting the waist 2 sizes smaller than the hips, I still had to take out an extra 5cm from the waist.

I'm really happy with how the skirt is progressing. I'm making it from a soft corduroy, which I grabbed from Textile Traders for $2AUD/metre (reduced from $7.99). The print on the fabric is "OK" and the texture/weight feels perfect for the pattern. As this skirt is being used as a 'muslin' I haven't used my favorite stash fabric.

I'll put some photos up tomorrow once I've charged the camera battery :)

Edited to correct the design number: the skirt is from Ottobre 02/07 design #12 (not #10!!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...