Friday, November 14, 2008

photos - Ottobre 2/2007 #12 skirt

I completed the skirt last night.


It was fantastic to sew. Went together like a breeze and was incredibly quick. There is no facing or waistband - just a petersham ribbon. Gave it a nice finish and really speeded up the sewing.

The fit isn't brilliant. As I mentioned yesterday I had to make the waist 2 sizes smaller than the hips and THEN take out an extra 5cm. Even then the skirt is a bit big in the waist. Kind of baggy between my waist and my saddlebags. The degree of curve to the hip made the zip hard to apply and it doesn't sit that well. Next time I'll do a seam at centre back and put the zip there.

Overall I'm pretty happy and I'll make the skirt again with some modifications for fit.

Edited to correct the design number: The skirt is from Ottobre 02/07 #12 (not #10 as my original post stated).




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelley said...

This looks really lovely. I'm making 2009 the year of the skirt and I'm determined to develop some TNT patterns. This looks like a great candidate. I'm a bit stumped though, is this design #12? In my book, #10 is a dress.

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

Hi Kelley,

Well spotted - it is design #12 and not #10.

It is a great skirt. The only problem I seem to have with it is that the waist rides up when I wear a t-shirt out over the skirt, and that results in the skirt looking too big and baggy. I think the problem would be resolved if I had made the waistand tighter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...