Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Slow Cooked Lamb Chops in Worcestershire Sauce

I very fast and simple low-fat dish that the kids and adults love. Lovely flavours of sweet and sour.

Note: This recipe was provided to me with the name "Slow Cooked Buggered Lamb Chops". I have altered the name due to some of the meanings of the word 'Buggered'. I'd also like to point out that in Australia, the term has both positive and negative meanings and I'm sure the original recipe name didn't refer to sodomy.


Slow Cooked Lamb Chops in Worcestershire Sauce

1 kg lean lamb (I use lamb rump steak or diced lamb)
1 single onion, sliced
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar

Put chops and onion in the slow-cooker. In a jug, combine the remaining ingredients and the pour them into the slow-cooker. Cook for approximately 8 hours on lowest heat setting.


You can adjust the quantity of sauce, depending on how much meat there is. Simply use equal quantities of each of the sauce ingredients.

Best served with mashed potato.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Can I ask why this is called Buggered? Do you realize what buggered means? Maybe you should look it up - weird name for a recipe :)

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

Hmm, I've often wondered about the name myself, however it was the name I was provided with the recipe and I didn't question it when I was given the recipe.

Fiona @ Feebeez

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

I've altered the name of the recipe so as not to cause offence from one of the meanings of 'buggered'.

Fiona @ Feebeez

South Florida Vending Machines Services said...

Nice to read your blog!
South Florida Soda Vending Machines

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...