Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas skirts


I made Christmas skirts for the girls this year. Unfortunately I didn't have time to make a shirt or trousers for Robert.

Ruby's skirt (left photo) is an Ottobre hack. It is simply the underskirt of the "Misty" skirt from issue 01/2008#13, modified to be an elasticated waist. As I was making the skirt for Ruby she looked upset, indicated that she didn't like the fabric and said "next time, please just buy me a skirt at the shops". Thankfully once it was completed she was overjoyed with it. I'm not 100% happy with it, however it has served its purpose as a Christmas skirt quite well. (Hubby thinks she looks like a tablecloth).

Laura's skirt (right photo) is from Butterick B4437 and was shortened considerably. I'm really happy with how this turned out, it isn't nearly as fully and 'boofy' as Ruby's skirt and the fabric is a lot more subtle.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...