Sunday, December 21, 2008

R is for ... (a meme)

Mermaids posted an interesting meme on her blog and it sounded like fun, so I put my hand up to be involved. Here are the directions that she posted:


  • You leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place.

  • When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on.

  • You can leave a comment and not be assigned a letter if you want. Just let me know if you want a letter to keep this going.

She gave me an "R" for the yummy recipes that I've been posting. Here are 10 R things that I love:


1. Reorganising - I seem to be the queen of reorganising things. I'm not a naturally organised and neat person. I seem to be sporadically neat ... I sort things out, maintain it for a while and then it falls apart and the process starts again. My most recent reorganisation was moving my sewing room from one room to another. I can now sew and watch TV at the same time :)

2. Recipes - Mermaids was right ... I do love recipes. I don't like using store purchased sauces and flavouring. I like to do things from scratch. To be honest, the amount of additives in the processed ingredients concerns me, and I don't like the flavour of most processed things. I don't do too much baking as I lack self-control and overeat the sweet things. Cooking of family meals I used to love, but recently it has been quite a slog. I love it when family members have an opinion on what we eat. I love it when family members give feedback about if they like or dislike a meal. I dislike having to decide what everyone eats all of the time...

3. Respect - I love it when the kids respect me! Wish this happened most of the time ... I can dream can't I?

4. Rest - I love rest time when the kids actually play quietly and rest and I get some quiet time myself. I love to hear myself think ... I think that this is one of the things I miss the most now that I have kids. The kids rest time has evaporated lately. I still have one that sleeps. The other two until recently were made to play quietly in their rooms, but that turned into an hour of torture where I was resolving fights and tromping up and down the stairs. We are now trialling 'quiet time' with a bit more freedom. It isn't working really well, and I don't want to resort to TV. Any suggestions?

5. Roses - We've got lots of roses in the garden and at the moment they look and smell lovely. I'm so used to the smell that I don't notice it much any more. Our visitors often comment on their scent.

6. Resolution - I love it when there is a resolution to conflict. As I type this I am hoping that the kids find a resolution *really* soon.

7. Research - I like teaching myself how to do things ... and that involves lots of juicy research. When I was a teenager, I taught myself how to make bobbin lace. Something I haven't done for years. I really need to do some more of it soon. Sewing is what I've been working on lately, and I've been researching new techniques. I've just completed a handbag with piping - first time I've done piping and it was so easy and effective.

8. Reading - I've always enjoyed reading. I would like to do more of it. It seems that I've fallen out of the habit. There is no reading time during the day and evenings are currently dedicated to sewing.

9. Reticulation - Automatic sprinklers (reticulation) are wonderful. They sure beat having to go and move the sprinkler around.

10. Relatives - I love my relatives. I don't see the extended family often enough, but I really enjoy their company when I do see them.

If you want to play along, please leave a comment and I'll assign a letter to you.

1 comment:

sewpink said...

Hi Fiona, I got the letter C, and it was alot of fun to think of all of my favorite C words. I love what you wrote. I felt like it was me talking out loud. Especially the part about rest. Jeez, that is my biggest complaint. Too bad my little one takes a nap after my older one comes home from PreK. I think I need to retrain her, then I would get at least 2 hours of peace and quiet every day. Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...