Sunday, December 7, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY - Sunday

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW - The remains of our BBQ lunch with friends. Everything looks bright and sparkly as I've just cleaned the windows. It is a glorious day.

I AM THINKING - That I should wash the windows more frequently. It makes such a difference and is actually something that I enjoy doing.

I AM THANKFUL FOR - My family.

FROM THE KITCHEN - Tonight we plan on having another BBQ, using the leftovers from our BBQ lunch. Nice and easy.

I AM WEARING - Cream floral skirt and navy T-shirt which I made from an Ottobre pattern. The skirt isn't a great fabric, but a wonderful fit. I plan on making myself a pattern from this skirt.

I AM CREATING - My first patchwork quilt. This one will be for the kids dolls.

I AM GOING - Crazy with voices that shout instead of talk!

I AM READING - Pants for Any Body by Pati Palmer and Susan Pletsch. It is about modifying trouser patterns to achieve a good fit for your body.

I AM HOPING - For 5 minutes in the house by myself.

I AM HEARING - Crying children.

AROUND THE HOUSE - There is a lot of mess to be put away. It looks a lot worse than it is. This is on the agenda for tonight.

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Silence and time to enjoy my own thoughts.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK - Christmas plans. Gifts for teachers. Christmas cards. Review the gift list and buy the things that are remaining. Design the interior for a handbag that I plan to make.

HERE IS A PICTURE THOUGHT I AM SHARING - Our Christmas tree, which the children loved decorating. As you can see it is thick with tinsel and ornaments from 3-foot down.

2 comments:

Fe said...

Have you looked at the "Reader's Digest New Complete Guide to Sewing: Step by Step Techniques for Making Clothes and Home Accessories"? My sister (the one who sews/teaches sewing for a living) gave it to me because she insists it's the best there is:-) It has a _really_ thorough detailing of fitting. I haven't actually made anything since I discovered it had that, but it looks _very_ helpful.

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

Yes, I do that have one, also a Vogue Fitting book, and also a Pants for Anybody by Pattie Palmer and Susan Pletsch. Between the three of them I should come up with something acceptable. I'm going to post 'in progress photos'. I've got the gingham half cut out already.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...