Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Best Ever Bolognaise Sauce recipe - modified for the pressure cooker

Yesterday it was hot and I didn't to have my cooking heating the kitchen up for a few hours. Solution: use the pressure cooker. My Best Ever Bolognaise Sauce recipe normally takes 2.5 hours to cook. In the pressure cooker it will take 8 minutes at high pressure and then will sit at room temperature until the pressure releases.

I needed to adapt the Best Ever Bolognaise Sauce for the pressure cooker. Here is how I did it:

  • Omitted the water. The tomatoes and wine will provide enough liquid.
  • Cooked the mince for 8 minutes at high pressure and allowed the pressure to release naturally (ie The the cooker cool at room temperature until the pressure has naturally released).
  • Added 2 grated carrots (don't tell the kids!). If was going to add some frozen spinach, but the freezer was bare!

Result tasted just like my original recipe, plus I finished the cooking while Playschool was on AND got the dishes washed up. The recipe yielded enough for two family sized meals. We ate one last night and froze the other one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...