Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kwik Sew 3299


This is the first time I've sewn something for Jeff. (He has been asking for one for about a year).

This t-shirt is really a test to check on sizing. I made up a medium.

The whole shirt went together very smoothly. I'll definitely be making it again. Next time around I'll shorten it a bit, and I'll possibly add more width around the tummy/hip region.



It is pulling strangely around the pecks ... However after looking at the photos I think the problem is caused by the shirt being a bit too snug around the hips. What do you think?

I am pretty happy with how the neckline turned out. Initially the two sides to the v were out of alignment and I had to unpick and resew. The sides still don't marry up perfectly, but I reason that if anyone notices then they are standing too close ;)Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Fe said...

I think you're right about the reason for the pulling...

I'm so impressed with how much sewing you're getting done! I aspire to sew so much more than I do—so you're very inspiring:-)

mermaids said...

the vee looks terrific from here. and, yes, if someone can see a problem with it, they need to step away from your husband. :)

Christinesew said...

I tried to email you but it kept coming back saying undeliverable. Thank you for nominating me for an award. Also great to find another sewing blog.
Regards, Christine
http://sewchristine.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...