Friday, January 2, 2009

Memories of 2008

What did I do in 2008? Good question. I'm finding it a bit frightening that I've had to think really hard to remember things of significance. Let's see....

  • Celebrated my kids' 4th, 3rd and 2nd birthdays. This may not sound that significant, but raising children is where a rather large chunk of my time has gone.
  • Rediscovered my love of sewing. If my memory is correct I made 1 x kids jeans, 4 x kids t-shirts, 2 x kids skirts, 1 x kids dresses, 2 x adult t-shirts, 1 x adult skirts. Hey, that sounds like quite a bit :)
  • Discovered Ottobre Designs - a great source of patterns. (I know I keep mentioning them ... they really are that good).
  • Learnt how to make dichroic jewellery. Sold 1 of my handmade pendants. Found a retail outlet that would sell my jewellery but didn't follow through and didn't leave anything with them to sell (they were going to charge 50% commission).
  • Learnt how to sew handbags. Have visions of selling handmade bags and dichroic jewellery.
  • Lost around 8kg.
  • Discovered blogging. Is that an achievement? I'm not sure ... but it is significant ;)
  • Made my first block of patchwork.

I really feel that there should be more to this list, but I'm stumped. One of my goals for 2009 is going to be having more achievements!

2 comments:

Fe said...

If you work on keeping your blog up to date, it makes it easier to see achievements:-)

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

So very true and I'm working on it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...