Monday, January 19, 2009

Menuplan Monday - 19th January

Ruby and Robert start school in two weeks, so this week I am going to start stocking the freezer with some freezable lunches and snacks. I also need to restock the freezer with pre-prepared main meals.

Lunches:

  • Zucchini Slice - freeze some for easy school lunches
  • Mini Pasties - freeze some for easy school lunches
  • Sandwiches with a spread made from Egg, Tomato, Mayonnaise all mushed up together
  • Sandwiches with a spread made from finely grated carrot, cheese, onion and mayonnaise
  • Sandwiches - cheese & chutney with salad
  • Sandwiches - curried egg and lettuce
  • Baked beans on toast

Main meals:

  • Chickpea Curry - doubling the recipe and creating a freezer meal
  • 7 Minute Risotto - I've planned to make this for the past fortnight and have failed to do so. This week we'll definitely be having it!!
  • Homemade Pizza
  • Fish Cakes
  • BBQ Steak & Salad
  • Apricot Chicken in the pressure cooker
  • leftovers or something from the freezer

Baking:

For other great menu ideas, check out Organisation Junkie

4 comments:

n*stitches said...

Wow - thanks for posting, I always feel like I am sending my kids with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Mandi said...

Thanks for the lunch ideas, I was needing some inspiration. Have a great week!

Raelene said...

I have never made risotto before, I really want to try it sometime. Your recipe looks delicious!

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

n*stitches and Mandi, I'll try and put up more of a recipe with photographs of the two sandwich spreads that I make.

Raelene, the risotto is good. Much easier than the traditional way which involves stirring it for about 20minutes. (I tried that method once with young kids underfoot ... never again!) The flavour is MUCH better if you use homemade stock.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...