Monday, January 5, 2009

Menuplan Monday - 5th January


This week I need to restock the freezer. I'll be doing that with the Risotto, Spag Bol, Quiche and possibly the Curry.

With school lunches in mind, I am also going to try out some new lunch recipes.

Dinners:
7 Minute Risotto
Best Ever Bolognaise Sauce
Buggered Lamb Chops either in the slow cooker or pressure cooker.
Apricot Chicken in the pressure cooker. I'll try out a new recipe.
Curry in a Hurry
No Pastry Quiche
Curried Sausages - an old recipe of Mum's. I'll try and post the recipe during the week.

Lunches:
Zucchini Slice
Mini Vegie Pasties
Potato, Corn & Tuna Patties
Ham, Pineapple & Cheese Pizza Scrolls
Savory egg sandwich & salad
Peanut paste sandwich & salad
Tatziki dip, savory biscuits & salad

For other menu ideas, check out Organisation Junkie

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Have you tried the curry in a regular pot or slow cooker? It looks really good and I'd love to try it, but I don't have a pressure cooker!

Sherry

Fiona said...

Hi Sherry,

I haven't tried it in a regular pot or slow cooker, but (with a little adjustment) it should work.

I haven't tried this myself, but I believe you can take a pressure cooker recipe and use it in the slow cooker without having to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe. As to cooking time - you'll need to experiement, but use a similar recipe to get an idea for timing.

If you use the recipe in a regular pot you'd need to increase the liquid. I'm not sure by how much. Probably best to check it whilst it cooks and add more as neded.

If you make it, I'd love to hear how you get on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...