Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh the sweet pain!

My back is killing me ... and all for the love of sewing. I've just spent the last 2 hours tracing off Ottobre patterns. Watch this blog as the next couple of weeks will see a flurry of sewing activity. So far I've traced:

- Basic o-neck and v-neck t-shirts (Ottobre 2/2006#2, size 46) - After the last t-shirt (a size 42 made up in an interlock that didn't have much stretch) being way too tight I rechecked my measurements and have decided to go up two sizes. Fingers crossed that this will be the right choice. I reason that it will be better to have the t-shirt too big rather than too small.

- Wide legged trousers (Ottobre 2/200#13) - I'll make this up in a gingham check and work out how the pattern needs to be altered before making the trousers up in nice fabric. Fitting could be a little tough by myself, so I may have to call on my lovely sister Splanky (grovel grovel).

I have more tracing to do, but I can't face any more tonight. I'm going to be a cripple as it is! (I really have to raise my cutting table to make it more ergonomic). I've promised hubby a t-shirt and Ruby really needs some short-sleeved t-shirts. She keeps dressing herself in tracksuit pants and long-sleeved t-shirts, despite Perth being in the middle of a heat wave.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...