Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quest for the perfect t-shirt

This is really part 3 in my ongoing quest for the perfect t-shirt pattern. (See here for Part 1 and Part 2). Part 3 (pictured below) is Ottobre 02/2006#2 size46, made up in 100% cotton 'Vera' knit from http://www.knitwit.com.au/ with a self-binding. It is a little too large across the shoulders, is a good fit in the bust, and is miles too large in the waist/hips. I'm going to take in the sides tonight.


I mucked up the neck a bit. (After making 3 t-shirts in a row, you'd think I'd have the binding nailed by now!) The binding strip was a little too small for the neck opening and you can see some puckering around the neckline as a result.



You would think that I could select the correct size based on my measurements ... and I should be able to! Unfortunately I've had a few people measure me and everyone is coming up with considerably different measurements. After having made up a size 42 and a size 46, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a size 44 ... so, off to trace off yet another t-shirt pattern!! Another contributing factor to the sizing problem is that the fabric I used in Part 2 and Part 3 of my t-shirt quest have been 100% cotton, while the pattern calls for cotton/elastane, which is a lot stretchier.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...