Thursday, February 26, 2009

All sorts of news

Whew. It has been a while since I blogged and a lot has been going on. This week has been the first week in which the kids have been doing their 'full-time' hours at school. We've been building up to these hours for the last month. It is nice to finally have our schedule solidified. The kids are pretty tired and it will take them a while to adjust.

I am going to be a bridesmaid in a fortnight, which is pretty exciting. I've been busy organising Hens Day and Kitchen Tea activities, plus sewing a few little things for the bride-to-be to wear :) I'll get some photos up over the next week.

...and saving the biggest news for last.... On the weekend I purchased a second-hand Bernina Virtuosa 160 sewing machine. It is about 5 years old and is in brilliant condition. Technology has changed a lot since my old Elna Supermatic was made. The little bit of sewing I have done on the Bernina has been a real pleasure. I love the needle up/down function. Possibly better than sliced bread! I'm cutting out a skirt tonight, so hopefully I'll have more sewing photos up over the next few days.

2 comments:

Fe said...

Ooh:-)

I have a Bernina (I don't _know_ what precisely... my sister recommended it:-) ) and I really like it a lot:-)

Needle up/down is great... but my favourite thing is the knee-press:-) I got the whole kit second hand, which included the knee-press. I would _never_ have got it, if I'd been selecting the set up... but now, I find myself trying to lift the foot on my overlocker with my knee:-)

mermaids said...

congrats on the new machine! good equipment makes such a difference

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...