Friday, March 20, 2009

Opinions needed on fabrics for my quilt


I have decided to embark on my first quilting project. I'll be making the Mod Sampler Quilt from the Oh Fransson! quilt-along

I am using a rainbow colour scheme and have selected half of my fabrics. Each quilt block will use a pair of fabrics... the fabric pairs are vertically displayed in my photo.

I am concerned that there isn't enough difference between the colour values of the quilt - particularly between the solid blue and floral blue. I will try finding an aqua to pair the blue floral with. What do you
think? Do I need to vary the colour values a bit more?

2 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Good luck with your first quilting project - beware it is highly addictive!! Love the fabrics you have chosen - I think they work well but it depends on the look you are going for - and the amount of contrast you are after. You could always make up a sample block to see if you are happy with it.

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

Thanks! I am enjoying it already ...and will enjoy it more when I've finially decided on the fabrics.

Good idea on doing a sample block. I'll have to do that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...