Thursday, April 30, 2009

Birthday shirt

For my sisters birthday this year I wanted to do something unusual and give her a big surprise. I decided a unique t-shirt would be well received, so I sent her an email requesting a list of "things that make you happy and that you love". That email really had her wondering what I was up to!

Using the list that she supplied and http://www.wordle.net/ I created a word cloud of her favorite things. I then printed the word cloud onto Epsom transfer paper and then ironed the transfer onto a white t-shirt.

I think she is fairly happy with her pressie, and she certainly was surprised.

Posted by Picasa
Happy birthday kiddo ... I hope you had a good day!
Edited to add:
1) When you print onto the transfer paper, you need to print a mirror image of the text. To print a mirror image you need to change your printer settings. For my printer there is a check box titled Mirror.
2) The transfer paper instructions recommended printing using the Fine 720 dpi setting. I found this reduced the size of the text too much and made the transfer too small. Instead I printed with the default print quality and the t-shirt turned out fine.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Fi that looks absolutely fabulous!

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

Thanks! I had a lot of fun doing it. Wordle is quite addictive!

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

What a fantastic idea!! Love it. Might have to "steal" it!! :-)

mermaids said...

what a brilliant idea!

Ruth said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. And yes, I can imagine doing this on some future Otto shirt.

Pamela Erny said...

Wow..this is SO cool !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...