Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mod Sampler Quilt-Along


Mod Sampler Quilt-Along
Originally uploaded by feebeez.


All blocks are now complete for the Mod Sampler Quilt-Along from Oh Fransson! . In the above photo I've laid them out on the bed per Oh Fransson's suggestion. I do think I'll tweak the block layout a bit and have a blue block in each column.

Next step is to sew sashing around the blocks. I'll be using white.

Overall I'm fairly happy with how this is turning out. It is pretty loud. Sue to rushing, I had trouble with the '4-stripe' blocks. Initially I sewed them together quickly as I knew how simple they were to do .... however I ended up using a seam allowance slightly larger than 1/4" and the blocks were too small. I decided to do the 'right thing' and unpick all 6 blocks and redo them. Second time around I messed them up again. For some reason the side of the blocks not impacted on by seam allowances was too small and I had to resort to Freezer Paper to make them larger. I am concerned that I've relied on the Freezer Paper too much and that there is insufficient fabric left in the seam. This is hard to explain ... I'll have to add a photo to illustrate.

1 comment:

Sew Lind said...

Wow, that was quick! Weren't you deciding on fabric just the other day. Lovely colours :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...