Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quilt front & back now complete


I've now finished piecing both the front and back of the Mod Sampler Quilt from the http://www.ohfransson.com/ quilt-along. For my first quilt I'm really happy with the results. My quilt blocks went together well and the rows and columns of blocks are pretty straight. I'm not certain about my rainbow colour scheme. Sometimes I love it and other times I feel it is too bright and 'bitty'. Certainly the next quilt I do will involve fewer colours.

Having the rainbow colour scheme certainly simplified the choice of colours. Without the confines of a rainbow colour scheme I could see myself spending months trying to select colours that worked together. The rainbow colour scheme stopped me stalling and allowed me to actually start my first quilt.

I am now itching to quilt this thing. I'd love to do it on the weekend, but we have guests and it would be best not to rush into the quilting. I'll spend the next week or so practicing and then I'll dive in and stipple the quilt. Everything crossed that it will go smoothly!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

I can't believe you're not 1 million percent in love with the rainbow! That would be my ideal quilt. It's so happy and joyful and gorgeous! I can't believe it's your first one- you've got talent!

Have I mentioned that I love it?? :-)

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

:) Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...