Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quilting in progress

I've never quilted before, let alone attempted free-motion-quilting, so I've spent a number of evenings this week working it all out. Elizabeth from Oh Fransson! explains the process really well. Doodling with pencil and paper, BEFORE you attempt free-motion-quilting on your machine is very helpful.

Here is the quilt ready for my first 'live' go at quilting. I took a VERY big breath before I started ... and then I hear that awful noise of the bobbin thread getting tangled. Argh! I then had to spend 15 minutes unpicking.
After the unpicking I made reasonable progress. My stitching does overlap in some places, however I don't think it will be that noticible when the whole quilt is completed. (Fingers crossed).


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting your new posts.

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

Thanks for letting me know that you're enjoying it!

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

Wow, it looks amazing for something you've never done before! Well done.

Jacoline (Lien) said...

well done, keep going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...