Saturday, May 2, 2009

A serious case of quilters wrist

I've spent the weekend stippling my Mod Sampler quilt. 4 bobbins of thread later my right wrist is so fatigued that typing is rather difficult!



My 'new' second hand Bernina Virtuosa 160 hasn't skipped a beat. I am so happy with the machine. The stippling is now 3/4 complete. Providing my wrist is up to it, I'll have the stippling completed tomorrow night.


You can see the section that I have yet to complete.








It certainly hasn't been smooth sailing. I have spent a number of hours unpicking.
Sewing over a rolled up section of the quilt isn't recommended ;)
I also had tension problems, which weren't obvious until I began stippling over the coloured fabric on the quilt back. (And that was when at least 1/4 of the stippling was already complete. And no, I didn't unpick the whole thing ... just the stippling that was on the coloured backing fabric.... all 16"x 16" of it!).






Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

ooh... ouch on the unpicking! I hate it :-) Your quilt looks gorgeous, though- all of the wrist pain will surely be worth it!!

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

Thanks :) I'm really delighted with the quilt. My earlier doubts are completely gone. The stippling is just divine. The stippled quilt is just wonderful to touch.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your day at the markets. I am sure you'll have some stories to tell.

Amanda said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the modern look of it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...