Sunday, July 12, 2009

Margaret Sling Bag

I made this bag using the free pattern from Oh Fransson! The main fabric and lining 100% cotton quilting fabric from Textile Traders, two layers over very light interfacing have been applied to the main fabric, and flannelet has been used as interlining. It features a vintage button from my Grandmother's button stash.
I love my fabric choice for the main fabric and initially I liked the slight padding from the interlining. However, I'm not in love with the bag. The strap slips off my shoulder, and the bag is a bit too floppy for my personal taste. (Mind you, I suspect that a stiffer version of this bag wouldn't suit the style).
I worked hard at pattern matching the side seams and I'm very happy with the result.

Here you can see the detailing of the pleat, which makes the bag nice and roomy.
Conclusion: I'll be using the bag for a library bag and I won't make up the pattern again. It just isn't me. I am considering buying some more of the main fabric and making a new bag in a different style. I have recently purchased some patterns from Nikki at Nicole Mallalieu Designs which I am looking forward to making.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...