Friday, October 23, 2009

C25K - Week 4



I'm up to Week 4 of the Couch to 5km running program. I'm pretty pleased with myself as for the last 3 weeks I've gone running every second day. I have a bit of a love/hate thing with the running. As I was running today I was thinking "I really don't enjoy running ... I'm doing it for the exercise and the sense of achievement, rather than because I love it for what it is". However, it is now 2.5hours after my run and I'm feeling great. Invincible. On top of the world. It is a nice feeling.

I must say that I did find the first session of Week 4 a little challenging. The number of minutes running have doubled compared to Week 3. The program today was:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then
Jog 3 minutes
Walk or 90 seconds
Jog 5 minutes
Walk 2-1/2 minutes
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 5 minutes - walked about 1/3 of this

The total minutes of running has doubled compared to last week ... and the longest run has increased from 3 minutes to 5 minutes.

I'm glad I've done the first session of Week 4. It was a bit of a mental battle, but I now have a wonderful sense of achievement and am (I think) looking forward to session 2.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...