Friday, October 9, 2009

Couch to 5km (C25K) - Week 1

Photo by Sean Dreilinger


Would you believe I've completed Week 1 of the C25K running program? Week 1 required that 3 times during the week I did a 5min walk, then alternate between 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
The day after my first session was the worst. I could hardly move! I then spent over 4 hours walking around the zoo. It hurt. However, I think all of the walking helped as the following day I was feeling a lot better and managed to do the second session.
I also spent the weekend weeding the garden, which certainly wasn't going to help with the stiffness!
I have to say, I feel great. I started the week with a cold and a sore throat, but I pushed through that and I am now this is the healthiest I've feel in about a month. So far my dodgy knee is holding up and I a (mostly) looking forward to my next run.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Well done!!!!

mermaids said...

great job! do be careful with that knee. invest in good, really good, running shoes. don't "push thru the pain" and don't hesitate to have a dr check it out.

i know i am overly sensitive to knee issues, however, lots of people do permanent damage to their knees by running. it can be done, but sometimes you need professional guidance

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...