Thursday, October 1, 2009

October planning

Photo by Great Beyond



Over the last few months I've had the feeling that life has been getting away from me. I've been feeling stressed due to conflicting demands, such as work vs family and my personal time vs family needs. I feel that my time has been consumed by 'putting out fires' rather than being prepared for things in advance. It is clearly time to do some forward planning.


Tasks for October:


  • Meal planning & freezer restock

    Having meals planned out certainly makes cooking and shopping flow more easily. I will reinstate my weekly meal planning and I'll incorporate some meals which will help restock my freezer.


  • Exercise

    OK, I confess. I really don't enjoy exercising. This is one task that I always let slide. However, I know that I will feel better and have more energy if I start exercising, so I really must make time for it. I am going to do the "Couch to 5km" program (or C25K as it is commonly referred to). The Couch to 5km program is designed to get you from 'couch potato' to running 5km in 9 weeks. It uses interval training and there are a number of podcasts to support it. I'll be using Podrunner's "First Day to 5K" podcast to help me along.
    I did begin this program about a year ago, however I hurt my knee and couldn't continue. This time I'll take more care to stretch, and hopefully my ageing body will cope!

    Edited to add: I'm pleased to report that I have just completed my first C25K session :)

  • Balance between 'me time', 'family time', and 'partner time'

    This is a hard one. I guess it is something that will always be a bit of a struggle. Hopefully this forward planning will help rebalance things. I think I need to allocate certain evenings to certain tasks.


  • Christmas planning

    Each year I intend to be organised for Christmas, and each year it is a last minute rush and things (like Christmas cards) don't get done. This year I will spread the Christmas things out over the next few months.


  • Plan kids activities

    I need to increase the number of planned activities that I do with the kids. We have been doing the same old things too frequently and it is showing!

  • Reread & Implement- "Time Management for Manic Mums" by Alison Mitchell

    Time Management for Manic Mums is a book that I have found incredibly helpful in the past. It has some great ideas on prioritising your time and fitting things in between the children's demands.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...