Monday, October 12, 2009

October's block

I've been piecing a block for Bec for October's Virtually BeQuilted (an online quilting bee). Inspiration this month was the following Japanese print.


And here is my design. It was so much fun to make! I think I'll have to make another one of these for myself.


And a closeup of the detail on the kimono.


The applique pattern came from the "Print for Free" section of Ottobre Designs. The PDF of the applique wasn't large enough so I took a "Print Screen" (ALT + Prt Scr), pasted it into Photoshop and resized it as needed.

4 comments:

Katy said...

I have awarded you a Lovely Blog award! :)
http://beekaty.blogspot.com/2009/10/lovely-blog-award.html

Fe said...

That's _fabulous_! I'm so impressed!

Rebecca said...

The block is so beautiful, online and in person. Thank you so much for your lovely design and work!

Mary said...

How cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...