Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ottober 03/09 #21 - "Little Fella" shirt

I haven't blogged for a while as I've been busy sewing Christmas presents. Unfortunately you'll have to wait to see photos of those items!
There is something that I can show you....



Robert is delighted with his new shirt. Actually, he has been very enthusiastic about it right from the start. He chose the fabric and when I told him that I was going to make him a shirt, he gave my leg a bear hug and exclaimed "Geeeeee, thanks Mum!!!!!". (Mental note: make equal amount of boy and girl clothes in the future).



The pattern is from Ottobre Designs issue 03/2009 design #21 "Little Fella " shirt. It goes together like a dream and was quite quick to make. I'll certainly be making more.



The only problem I have had with the shirt is that the fabric appears to be bunching on his chest. He appears to stand with his shoulders hunched forwards, and I think that is causing the problem. (You can't really see the problem in these photos as the fabric is so busy). I might have to work out a suitable pattern adjustment and tweak the pattern.



And finally ... I have had to include this photo as it is so darn cute!! (And for those who are interested, Laura's new Ikea Expedit bookcase is shown in the background).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

beachgirl said...

The shirt looks great and I love the print too!

Melinda said...

He looks so chuffed with his new shirt and that sibling love photo is a real heart melter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...