Since starting to work from home, I haven't been updating my blog very much. I have, however, still been sewing.
As you can see, Ruby is delighted with her new skirt. It was made from some baby cord. The colour isn't great, however I was using up my stash. Laura will end up with a matching skirt as well. The skirt is a simple rectangle with an elasticated waist. The hem is trimmed with purple/white checked ribbon and I added a little flower to pull the colours together.
One of Ruby's school friends is moving to another State. As a going away present I made her an Art Wallet. The original plan was to make a prototype, and then make the gift. However, I ran out of time so the prototype is now the gift!
Excuse the badly applied binding. It desperately needs unpicking. I tried taking a shortcut ... one of those things that sounds like a good idea at the time and then the simple task takes three times longer to complete!! Unfortunately I didn't have time to unpick and reapply, so I had to give it as it was.
I will definitely make another one of these. Next time I'll position the notepad a little lower, apply the binding the conventional way, neaten up the crayon pockets by binding the side section and removing excess fabric. I'll also add some kind of closure and an extra pocket.