Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kwik Sew 3484 (Men's shirt)

 

 

 


Pattern Description:
Men's shirts have collar, short sleeves, and side hemline slits. View A has breast pocket. View B has contrast right front inset and breast pocket with contrast band at top edge. View C has contrast center panels. (From pattern envelope).

I made View A.

Pattern Sizing:
S-M-L-XL-XXL I made a M for my lean husband.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, although I omitted the side hemline slits, and I choose buttons that were too large.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, very clear easy.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
My husband would have preferred a closer-fitting style.

Fabric Used:
A very cheap poplin, as this was intended to be a trial-run of the pattern. The fabric appears to be too stiff for the design (although I haven't laundered the fabric yet).

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I omitted the side hemline slits.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I will probably sew this again ... although I will modify the pattern to make it a slimmer fit from the chest down (it is fine across the shoulders).

Conclusion:
A good basic, and casual shirt which goes together very smoothly. My husband is pleased with the shirt and wants me to make more (although he doesn't like the fabric that I used for this one).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pam~Off The Cuff ~ said...

What a sharp shirt...great job !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...