Sunday, February 21, 2010

My new cutting table

sI don't think I've posted pictures of my sewing space before. I am rather spoilt with an absolutely huge room, which is dedicated to my sewing ... and junk that hasn't found a home anywhere else.

This is how the 'sewing' section of the room used to look. Notice the old cutting table, which is a small dining-table jacked up on some lumps of 'Four-by-two'. Generally the underneath of the table is stacked high with storage crates ... I must have moved them before I took this photo!





Here is the new cutting table, which we moved in yesterday. It is huge. The table top is 210cm x 120cm. As you can see it has heaps of storage. I am thinking of putting a curtain on the table to hide the storage section. I was so lucky to be offered the table. The Aunt of one of the Mum's from school has moved into a smaller house and no-longer had room for her cutting table. It has been custom built by her father. It has more than doubled the amount of cutting and storage space that I have.




Here is the other 'sewing' section of the room ... my horn cabinet and trusty Bernina, plus my overlocker and a whole heap of junk that I need to clean up. I'll have to post some more photos when it is complete! (The messy painting on the wall was made by Ruby when she was about 2).


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I am very envious - that table looks awesome. I would looooooove to have a big space like that for my sewing stuff.

Mary said...

Wow!

Fiona @ Feebeez said...

The big space is nice ... but it also means I can make a bigger mess! The sewing stuff takes up about half of the room, but my sewing mess does does tend to spread out if I'm not careful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...