Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sling Bag mark 2

I am making this lovely bag on commission. The pattern is the "Sling" bag from Nicole Mallalieu Designs. I have made it once before ... as a gift for Mum for Christmas. (I don't appear to have blogged about it ... how strange!)
This is pattern is very nicely drafted. Goes together like a dream and looks pretty stylish. It is meant to have adjustable straps ... using buttons. However the first time I sewed it I couldn't convince my machine to make nice buttonholes on the thick straps. This time around I won't even try the buttonholes. I'll simply sew the straps together and have the buttons for embellishment only.
On a side note ... if you like making handbags and have trouble finding the right 'hardware', I'd recommend Nicole Mallalieu Designs. I'm not affiliated with them in any way ... just a happy customer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...