Thursday, February 18, 2010

Virtually Bequilted - February's block

To the fabrics that I received for February, I added some hot pink and made a Dutchman's Puzzle block. (Yes, I know I also made one in January ... but I am finding the block fascinating as different fabrics produce such different results).



I have improved my technique since the January block. This tutorial taught me a great method of making 'flying geese units' (the arrow units) with NO fabric waste. If I had used my old method to construct the block then I would not have had enough fabric.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love the halo effect surrounding the solid pink blocks. I think it is accentuated by the check blocks. It wouldn't happen with a darker block. Nice job!

It doesn't matter how many times you do a block, it will change every time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...