Wednesday, February 10, 2010

VirtuallyBeQuilted - January's block

Running a little behind schedule with making blocks for VirtuallyBeQuilted, I decided on a Duchman's Puzzle block. I've been wanting to make something in this design for a while now and I thought it would be fairly quick to sew.
It would have been fairly quick to sew ... I should never cut out fabric after 9:30pm! I had made an error in my quilting maths, and consequently miscut all of the dark pink fabrics. I couldn't work out how to recover from the error. Thankfully Liz, Anna and Fe came to my rescue with sufficient scraps for me to continue with the original design.
I am really happy with how the block turned out. I learnt a lot ... not so much about sewing, but more about triple checking one's calculations!!!
I had a large number of half-square-triangles left-over from the block, so I created a 'bonus block' for Liz, which should be useful on the quilt back ... I'll post a photo tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary said...

Very cute! I learned a long time ago that when I don't triple check, I WILL miss cut. Shortcutting on measuring and on checking grain will always come back and bite you in the butt! It's never worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...