Tuesday, November 9, 2010

R.I.P Dell Desktop

The last few weeks have been fairly frantic. My inlaws arrived from the UK. This is their second attempt to visit us this year. The first attempt was thwarted by the Icelandic volcano. The day after they arrived, our computer decided it was past its used-by-date and bit the dust. I had been regularly backing up ... but the backup had been giving error messages for about a month and I kept thinking "Ill do that tomorrow when I have more time". Silly silly me! I lost some sleep over that error of judgement, I can tell you! Thankfully Mr Computer Guru was able to retrieve all of our data. Phew!!!!

We had a 'bursting at the seams' house over the weekend as, in addition to my lovely in-laws, my parents arrived in their new-to-them caravan. During the weekend we went to the Castledare minature railway, which was heaps of fun. I really don't know why we haven't been before. I must say, the kids had a fantastic time in the 'van, and I very much enjoyed having a couple of very quiet breakfasts in the house while the kids ate in the van. B.L.I.S.S.

Our busy life continues tomorrow with Kid2 having Strabismus surgery tomorrow to correct his squint. Poor thing. He has to fast from 8am and we need to arrive at the hospital at 1:30pm. Not looking forward to the fasting at all. It is going to be tough!

As to the sewing/quilting side of things, a few weeks ago I was asking if anyone wanted to do a quilting swap. This has lead to the creation of the Pario Pannus Swap, and for November/December we are making and swapping a table runner. (Pario Pannus is latin, meaning to make or create cloth or rag). I have also joined another swap over at STUD. With our influx of guests, I haven't done any sewing/quilting, but I have many ideas, so watch this space!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Castledare is brilliant! The kids loved it.

And I get you on the 'van'. When my in-laws bring theirs up I don't see the kids for ages - the peace is rather nice ;)

Hope the surgery goes well, and that said child doesn't "starve" during the fasting (said with the tone of a small person who thinks their tummy may well expire if they don't have food right now!) lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...