Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pario Pannus Swap - sent

For the last couple of months I've been in the Pario Pannus Swap. We have been swapping table runners. Now that Frances has received the table runner that I made for her, I can show it to you!


Quilt front, before binding

The quilt is based on the Fibonacci Series, which is a pattern where
the current value is calculated as the sum of the previous 2 values
(ie it progresses as 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 etc etc).

It was then quilted by tracing the outline of a dinner plate towards
the middle of the 'rainbow'. I then used a walking foot to ripple
that line both outwards and inwards. The quilting did distort the
quilt quite a bit, causing it to bow in the middle but about 3/4". It
was very hard to then square up the quilt for binding!

I can't take credit for the idea as I saw a similar quilt in Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/13777424@N04/2449104792/ and thought it
was both beautiful and would appeal to Frances on a number
of levels.



Closeup of quilting on the front




Closeup of quilting on the back

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...