Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ballet skirts

It has been a week of practical sewing. Laura and cousin Norah needed skirts for ballet. The uniform requirements are quite specific ... style xyz skirt in xyz colour from xyz shop. After finding the skirts that they were meant to buy were $36 for a simple chiffon circular skirt (what a rip-off!) I decided to make them myself.

I self-drafted the pattern and did everything excluding the waistband on the overlocker. The chiffon isn't an exact match to the colour that they were meant to have....but it is fairly close. The materials ended up costing about $3.50/skirt and I spent a couple of evenings sewing them.


As you can see, the girls are happy with the result. (Norah is on the left and Laura on the right).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...