Sunday, February 13, 2011

Purple Redondo

I've just completed my third Redondo skirt (pattern is from Studio Tantrum). This one is for a birthday present for a 7th birthday. I'm really happy with how it has turned out.

Laura modelled it for me and later had to be persuaded to take it off. (I think I'll be making another one tonight).

It definitely meets the swirl test. But to make sure Laura had to do this many many times!

... and the one disaster (because there always has to be one, doesn't there?) ... When I was working out how much fabric to purchase I used the wrong end of my ruler. Instead of buying 40 cm of each fabric I purchased 35cm - which was about 1cm too small for the pattern pieces, so I had to go and buy the fabric all over again. I think the leftover 35 cm strips will become a peasant style skirt for one of my girls.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...