Self-Drafted Skirt 2 is quite similar to Skirt 1. It is a bias-cut skirt with an elasticated waist. Compared to Skirt 1, it uses a more fluid, lighter weight 100% polyester fabric with a batik-looking print. I've had the fabric in my stash for a couple of years, and love the fabric so much that it has taken me all of this time to cut into it.
The difference between Skirt 1 and Skirt 2 is the position and width of the flare. I've moved the flare so that it begins at mid-thigh, and have also widened the flare by quite a lot. To create the flare, I took my rectangular shaped pattern piece, and made 5 slashes from hem-line to mid thigh. I then opened the slashes by 4 cm at the hemline (taking care to keep the centre-front straight).
Unlike Skirt 1, Skirt 2 is lined. I cut the lining on the straight-grain, while the outer fabric is cut on the bias. This caused some issues as the outer fabric stretched more than the lining. Consequently when I sewed the lining and outer fabric together at the waist, the outer fabric needed to be eased in a lot. Placing the outer fabric against the feeddogs and holding back the fabric as I stitched helped a lot. It also meant that the skirt is too tight to pull up over my hips. Instead, I need to put it on over my head.
Unlike Skirt 1, Skirt 2 doesn't hug the back of my legs in an unflattering way. I assume the lining fixed up that problem, but I'm not really sure. Perhaps it also has something to do with the different fabric.
I am fairly happy with the result ... and I particularly adore the fabric. For Skirt 3 I will try moving the flare up even higher...