Sunday, January 6, 2013

First sewing for 2013


It feels good to be back at the sewing machine.  2012 wasn't a productive sewing year and have missed it!

The brown top is a pattern-free garment.  It started out as a tube of fabric from which I cut out some armholes ad then slashed and hacked away until it was something I could wear.  It isn't perfect, but has quite a bit of potential.  I'm not that happy with the method I used for the hem.... will have to try something different next time.

The skirt is a simple 1/4 circle with a facing and an invisible zip.  I love the fabric and it has been in my stash for quite a while waiting for inspiration to strike.  The hem looks uneven in the photo.  I'm *think* it is straight and I put the skirt onto the dummy a bit wonky.....  I'll have to check it when I am wearing it.

All of the fabrics were from my stash.... I am focusing on sewing from the stash for 2013!

 

1 comment:

Mary said...

Bravo for working from your stash!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...